ANST - Restrictions on Reigns

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Thu Jun 24 14:07:24 PDT 1999

At 08:13 AM 6/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Would you realy want to fight in crown list that was held in say Duke Kine
>"back yard" and not have him at least fight the first two or three rounds?
>Becouse having born the cost of being Crown twice one may be excused from
>the list. There is substanial real cost to being Crown not to get into the
>cost in time. You are expected to be some where every week end some times
>two places, or even three. Just look at the Kingdom calander in Aug., Sept.,
>and Oct.. Aug isn't bad yet, but Sept. has one week end with three events
>and two with two events, Oct. has one with two events and two with three
>events. Your Crown where do you go and where does your consort go, one of
>you realy needs to be each of the events each week end, yes all three of
>them and just for the fun of it say you live out west.
>Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra

In my opinion, a person should not enter in the first place if he is not
able to fulfill the consequences of winning, no matter whose back yard the
tourney is in. He thereby robs another person (or more) of an opportunity
to advance, and who might have won the tourney if it hadn't been for the
fighter who entered and then and dropped after defeating him. I also feel
this is a discourtesy to the Crown, to enter a tourney to choose Their
successors without intending to continue to the end.
My opinion only.
Aethelyan