ANST - SCA language

Celeste de Montomorency montomorency at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:31:51 PDT 1999

What if the event you are going to is one in which you aren't familiar with
the culture. For example, my Barony has three main event; To Save A Queen,
Eldern XXI, and Samhain. TSAQ is very late period and is usually done with a
French, English, or Spanish theme. I can deal with that. I'm late period
French. Eldern XXI is usually not centered around any particular culture or
period, just a theme. We don't mind the use of such words. We just expect
you to try to play persona. Samhain is very early period. It's usually done
in a Celtic or Norse culture. I have a hard time even with bardic at that
event because I'm so late period, I hardly even touch information from that
period. It's just not my area of interest. Someday, I may actually get
around to studying that period in time. Right now, I'm concentrating on
putting together a more authentic appearance. I've never been to a fantasy
oriented event and to be honest, I'm not sure I would like one. I love
reading fantasy and I think it's funny when they do something fantasy
oriented every once in a while in court or at a ball, but I absolutely
cringe when I see someone walking around with wings on at Med Fair. Using
these words does not put me in the mind of fantasy though it does to some
people. It also does not bother most people around me. I do thank you for
your suggestion though.

                           With many thanks,
                   Lady Celeste Courtenay de Montmorency