ANST - Wimbledon and Ducal Prerogative

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Tue Jun 29 08:47:40 PDT 1999

Padric,

Obviously we are not going to get to an agreement on this issue. If I may
state, your position is that Dukes (or anyone else) should not enter Crown
(or any other tourney) without the expressed intent of winning, correct?
Mine is that the Dukes have earned the right to test the mettle of those who
would be King. Ex Mea Sententia.

>Um, Sir Timo, I'M not the one who introduced Wimbledon and the NCAA
basketball tourney to this thread. I was just trying to apply YOUR analogies
to the topic being discussed.

My analogy was in illustrate the fact that the "best" person or team does
not always win. Not that they did not want to win. It was not an attempt at
Ignotum Per Ignotius.

>Does anyone besides me find it interesting that none of the Dukes (surely
there are a few on this list) have chosen to comment on the subject of Ducal
Prerogative?
>Still curious.
>Padric

Waiting for a comment, Ex Cathedra, eh?