ANST - Doing Research WAS:SCA language

Brent Hanner behanner at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 29 22:00:17 PDT 1999

Trish McCurdy wrote:

> What I like to tell newer costumers is this " don't research why you can't
> do something, look for why you can"

This is good advise for all activities in the SCA.  If you spend just a
little bit of time researching what your doing your results with
increase
drastically.

Plus there are some very gratifing things that can happen when you do.
-  when someone says "Thats not period". and you say "Yes it is.  Here
is the proof."
-  When someone randomly comes up and tells you how cool it is that you
did something
	a period way.  (Happened to me at Lillies.)
-  Knowing that you have some connection with something in the past.  If
you've
	done the research you can say to yourself "This is how someone 500
years ago
	did this."  And now I'm doing it the same way.
-  Usually while doing research you come across something else that is
cool.
	And cool stuff is well COOL!

Peder

--
"This I heard the wise men say: none can be happy, none can stay
 content in this world but he  who loves and with such loyalty

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien