ANST - Irish Pronunciation

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Mar 3 03:07:06 PST 1999

Quest wrote:
> I am in the process of selecting my SCA name and have been following
> the links from the main SCA site to find appropriate prospects.  I
> have put together a name I like, but I am not certain I have
> constructed it correctly.

> The name I have tenatively chosen is Aife Binnech ingen Liath.
> Alternately, I also like Annora, Elisant, Ravenild, Brecc, Aine,
> Elige, and Erennach.

> ~ Rebecca

You might find some of the files in my Florilegium to be of use to
you. For instance, in the PERSONA section:
names-msg         (68K)  3/24/97    Name sources, naming practices.
   (There is a website given in this file that is put together by some
     of the SCA heralds that has lists of useable names from different
     cultures.)
names-Irish-msg   (36K)  4/21/97    Sources and comments on Irish names.
persona-art       (14K) 11/12/96    An article on persona by Duke Cariadoc.
Persona-Build-art (14K)  2/24/99    "Building A Persona"
                                       by Pamela Hewitt, the Harper.
   (This last article isn't on the website yet, but is available from
     me by email in text or Word format)

In the FOOD section:
fd-Ireland-msg    (29K)  8/19/98    Medieval Irish food. referances. recipes.

In the CULTURES section:
Ireland-msg       (44K) 11/18/98    Irish culture, dress. Points of interest.

In the CLOTHING section:
cl-Ireland-msg    (92K) 12/11/98    Medieval Irish clothing.

My Florilegium files are available on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net