ANST - War preparations

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Mar 4 07:03:34 PST 1999

Dennis Grace wrote:

> Well, it's time once again for Grampa Lyonel's Annual War Nag
> (pat.pend.).  Every year I find at least one or two poor b*st*rds who
> failed to heed my fine counsel--probably rolled their eyes and deleted
> the letter--and just *look* what happened to them.  No, better not--some
> things are just too unpleasant to revisit.

Sir Lyonel did in fact write a longer article last year with a lot more
details. Didn't save it last year? Well, all is not lost. Check out
this file in the COMBAT section of my Florilegium:

armor-chklst-msg  (12K)  9/23/98    Armor checklist for SCA events and wars.

And while you are there, perhaps these other files might be worth looking
at:
melee-tactics-art (36K) 11/ 6/98    "An Essay on Melee Tactics" by Duke Kein
                                       MacEwan.
rattan-msg        (59K) 10/ 8/98    Working with rattan. Rattan sources.
armorers-lst      (66K) 10/16/98    List of and reviews of SCA armorers.
wounds-msg        (18K) 10/12/95    Battle wounds in period.

My Florilegium is at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net