ANST - Past GW stories -- the start of Gulf War

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Fri Mar 12 12:13:49 PST 1999

Since we're all just sitting around, why don't we rehash some of the past
Gulf Wars?

I was there at the very start of this whole thing....

Lord Blackwolf from Trimaris was visiting Ansteorra to attend school.
Since he was a student, someone put him in contact with me since I was the
acting Hospitaler for the College of Twr Cath.

I got a phone call from him on Thurs. night asking when Their Majesties
would be near Stargate again --- he said he needed to talk to them.
Stargate was holding an event that very weekend (I believe it was Stargate
Baronial)..... it was being held at Jellystone Park near Hempstead, TX ---
and they weren't scheduled to be near the area again for several months.  I
wasn't planning on going, but I ended up picking him up on Sat. morning and
we made dash up to the event.

After asking some seasoned SCA veterans who we needed to talk to, Ld.
Blackwolf was put in contact with the Kingdom Seneschal, Sir Rhodri.
That's the last I saw and heard from Blackwolf for the entire event, with
one exception....Court.

At Court that evening Ld. Blackwolf was called forward.  He threw down a
mailed gauntlet, issued the challenge, and the challenge was accepted.

>From there it was up to the various Kingdoms Seneschals & etc. to work out
the specifics.

Adela