ANST - Re: Past GW stories -- GW I

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Fri Mar 12 14:20:42 PST 1999

Nope.... it was Sigmund....

I definitely remember this.  Sigmund's clothing, body-build, bearing, and
voice.....

I got to the woods just as the first fighters were emerging..... someone
was already yelling at the waterbearers to come and help (but telling them
not to go into the woods because there was still some fighting going on)
--- That was probably Gareth.

Christoforo was in the woods battle too.  I think he ended up making 3
trips back into the woods to bring individuals and their armor out.

Adela

At 04:44 PM 3/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>What I can't get over, to this day, is how fighters that were half the age
>>of Duke Sigmund were struggling to get out of the woods...... and yet he
>>trotted out of the woods and all the way over to the Royal Encampment, with
>>a detour by the Royal Pavilion.
>
>   I think you are refering to Gareth- Duke Sigmund's squire at the time.  He
>was wearing Duke Sigmunds armor for the woods battle.  Duke Sigmund was other
>places doing official mucky muck stuff.  Gareth was camped next to my
Baroness