ANST - Gulf Wars VIII - A Bard's View

Jerry Norris jerryn at sprintmail.com
Sat Mar 13 21:34:50 PST 1999

Greetings all,

We got back this afternoon after having started out Friday night (too
sleepy, and the hotel signs were too alluring!).

It's all still a blur, with the weather and all dominating the last part,
but here goes ...

Singing songs and telling stories until I just couldn't make a sound w/ my
throat ... so I played my flute!

Playing music for the dancers who seemed to come through in shifts.

After-dinner songs (sort of like after-dinner mints but not always as
tasteful).

The Coastal Region Hospitality tent and a good telling of "For This I Die".

My son's recognition for painting talents in court (he and my daughter
always do their parents proud).  Speaking of which ....

My daughter's mantra, "I'm going to troll now".

Even w/ the falling of the rain our fighters armoured up and were ready for
battle.  What kingdom could worry of the defense of their lands and the
citizenry w/in with such heroes as these?

Examples of Ansteorran civility everywhere I turned.  I witnessed helping
hands and smiles and laughter.  A sharing of good times for all.  Merchants
aplenty and food and drink enough to keep even a bard happy.

My wish is that everyone returns safely.  My hope is to be able to make
next year's as well.  My dream is to get my documentation together enough
to be able to perform for the war-point next year.

My congratulations to Sir Galen, Duke Kien, Lady (soon to be mistress)
Rhiaissa, and last, but most certainly not least, to Honorable Lord Ihon,
who has helped many of us so many times.

Vivat to all who attended, and vivat to all who waited here and held our
lands in safety while our army was away.

Gerald of Leesville - Barony of Stargate - Kingdom of Ansteorra
jerryn at sprintmail.com -  Jerry Norris - Houston, Texas USA
writer, reader, thinker, father, lover.