ANST - war rain

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Mon Mar 15 12:05:41 PST 1999

Bob Dewart recently said:

>And a fort battle usually last how long?
>
>Gilli

The duration of the fort battle, in my experience, usually
depends upon the patience of the attacking commander.
If he's content to wait outside and be shot at, the duration
will be about 15 minutes more than the length of time it takes
to use up the arrows.  If he's not content to be shot at,
the duration will be about 15 minutes more than when he
decides he's been shot at enough.  The number of defending
arrows determines the length of the battle sometimes, but
rarely does the number of attackers' arrows have much to do
with it.

BTW, I've never seen a combat archer who could find five
good targets to shoot at every minute for 20 minutes.

- Galen of Bristol
Holder of the Sable Falcon of Ansteorra,
and other high honors