ANST - To Bring Arrows or Not...

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Mar 15 19:54:18 PST 1999

Gilli is asking for votes on whether or not to fetch loaner arrows to the
next War.

For my two marks worth, "yes".

Last year I got a thumb severely stomped during the first field battle --
I'm sure other fighters can imagine exactly what I felt like -- I was
literally in tears because I was going to miss out on all of the rest of
the War fighting.

But because of Gilli's arrows, I was able to borrow a bow and tape white
diamonds on my helm, and participate in the remaining battles as a
non-contact archer.  I may not have killed many Trimarans, but I sure made
'em keep their heads down!  It allowed me to contribute on the battlefield
as any Ansteorran would wish to do -- supporting king and country,
fulfilling a part of my duties as a peer.

I do hope to eventually get my own set of arrows -- I've spoken with
Tomonaga about it, so maybe by next year my finances will allow me to have
a full quiver and I can start the battles as an archer and continue as a
shieldman or spearman when my quiver is empty.

Not only did having those arrows present last year make it possible for me
to continue aiding the war effort, it helped me see that being a war archer
could be fun and rewarding.  I am equally certain, from others I spoke with
last year, that having the opportunity to try the art of war archery before
investing time and money into it will be a way to get more people shooting
at future wars.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Baroness to the Court of Ansteorra
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)