ANST - Re: Ansteorran Uniforms

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 14:59:39 PST 1999

>From: Gumbputt at aol.com
>
>Livery took many forms.  Jupons, surcoats, tabards, baldrics, and caps
were
>but a few.  No one is asking you to wear a uniform when you wear
livery.  But
>if you swear fealty to someone then you darn well better be willing to
wear
>their livery... and fealty is part of the game we play.
>
>In a sense, a piece of yellow tape on your helmet could be livery.
>
>Ld George

ok, how about this. the fighters could wear a surcoat or tabard (can you
imagine the sight of all that black and gold?). on their shield they
could put a cloth, or whatever, cover with their device on it and in one
corner, the Ansteorran star. from the back, the archers will know who
not to shot, and from the front you'll be showing your device, the enemy
will be able to identify who they're fighting, and your freinds will
know not to attack you.
instead of just saying no to any identification method, let's try and
find a middle ground where, if not completely happy, we at least won't
be totally against the idea.
compromice, it makes the world go round.
km