ANST - Shield Edging

Cameron Lewis camlewis at swbell.net
Wed Mar 17 21:49:44 PST 1999

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

> P.S. I have a question -- My hand is pretty far into the boss on my center-grip -- do I have to wear a full gauntlet, a half-gantlet, or can I get away with wearing a simple leather glove when using the center grip?

Gunnora the answer is "No you don't have to wear a full or half gauntlet
under a shield boss", a leather glove is enough protection as long as
there is a hand guard of some kind made of rigid material on your
shield.  There has been some discussion over the 1" gap rule in the
shield guards but Sir Karl, when he was Kingdom KM, determined that as
long as there was protection the gap rule did not apply.  As of Sir
Keif's ruling at Gulf War 8 that has not changed.

Sir Alrek Kanin