ANST - recommeded catalog source ... was: shield edging

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sun Mar 21 11:46:45 PST 1999

On 17 Mar 99, at 14:33, Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Hemp rope? Where did you find this? Or do you really mean the sissel (sp?)
> or manila found in the usual hardware stores? After looking at the ropes
> on my pavilion at Gulf Wars, I realize I need to replace most of them
> becuase they are wearing away or shredding at the tent stake loop and
> sometimes at the loop that fits over the top of the tent pole.

checkout:

Lehman's ( www.lehmans.com ) ... current catalog offers amish made manila
(hemp) rope (1999 catalog, pp 134)

3/4"   -  $0.69 /ft
7/8"   -  $0.79 /ft
1"      -  $0.99 /ft
1 1/2" -  $1.85 /ft
2"      -  $2.95 /ft

recommend that all brewers, cooks, rural / alternative lifestyle types get this
catalong ... packed cover to cover with useful things (cast iron cookware,
mills, lamps, wood/coal/gas/kerosene fueled cooking / water & space heating /
refrigeration, farm-level food prep appliances (hand driven and powered),
tools, supplies, composting toilets ... you name it)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves