ANST - Re: Wanted--hyperkinetic warriors

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Mar 25 10:45:05 PST 1999

> In preparation for Gulf Wars IX, I want
> to put together a light infantry unit.  We'll train in flanking
> maneuvers, counter-flanking maneuvers, hit-and-run tactics, and
> harassment techniques that allow small, fast units to cripple whole
> armies.
>

> To answer one unspoken question, yes, I would like to include some
> archers in this unit.  They'll have to be able to load, aim, and fire on
> the run.
>
> Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

I like this and thank you Sir Lyonel. I would like to see more people
working on things like this now instead of rushing into training a
month before the War.

Also, Mistress Mari, I agree with you. Very few people enjoy being in
a shieldwall all of the time. That's why I want to push the more
free-style fighting for the entire Ansteorran army in open field
situations. Not only is it very effective but also a lot more fun for
the fighters and, in my opinion, that is what we are really here for.
We still need to work on the close order drill for tighter situations
like sieges and bridges and Duke Kein's stratagies are fantastic for
this. I'd like to see more work done here as well.

Remember when we were younger and events didn't end until Sunday afternoon?
Maybe we can resurrect that old dinosaur and have fun fighting for TWO
days!

Yours,

Gunthar
Rex