ANST - Re: Wanted--hyperkinetic warriors

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Mar 25 10:01:00 PST 1999

Galen W. Bevel wrote:

> > His Majesty, Gunthar said:
> > "Remember when we were younger and events didn't end until Sunday
> > afternoon?   Maybe we can resurrect that old dinosaur and have fun > fighting...
>
> Sigh....I miss those days too.  Maybe I can get someone else to go home,
> bathe the kids, download the weeks work on the laptop, feed the dogs,
> fix the dishwasher, mow the lawn, help deliver the girl scout cookies,
> paint the house, take the kids to their friends birthday parties....

Wow! You can get all this accomplished on just a single Sunday? :-)

> You know, maybe there is more than just SCA on the weekends to make me
> miss the old carefree days ;)  With age comes responsibility, I guess.
> All in all, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

It was probably also easier to spare two days at one time every few months
than two days every few weeks if not more often. It is my understanding
that back in the old dinosaur days, even in the entire kingdom, SCA events
were only held every few weeks or months and not two or three events every
weekend.

Lord Stefan li Rous (relative newcomer having only been in nine years)
stefan at texas.net