ANST - "We do it with the lights on."

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Sat Mar 27 21:33:55 PST 1999

OK, now that I have your attention......

May I commend to you the Shenandoah Shakespeare Express?

A travelling group of players who present The Bard's work as he and
his troupe would have -- in a fully lighted theatre, in more-or-less
street clothing, with a minimal set, and playing not just to, but
with, the audience.

They have just finished a weekend in Steppes; the reviews of "Macbeth"
spoke highly and I just saw a lovely "Merchant of Venice."  If you
have the opportunity to see them, at any future stop, do!

In the next couple of weeks, this tour will be in:

        Odessa, TX - March 30 - Globe of the Great Southwest
        Merchant of Venice, Macbeth

        Austin, TX - April 1-3 - University of Texas
        Merchant of Venice, Macbeth, "The Knight of the Burning
                Pestle" by Francis Beaumont

        Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK - April 6
        Knight of the Burning Pestle

For more information about them, and the tour (a second company, doing
different plays, is on a different schedule), you can check out their
website:  www.ishakespeare.com

The title of this message is their motto, and available on bumper
stickers and T-shirts.

                                        ---= Morgan

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
           |/     Morgan Cain * Hablutzel at compuserve.com
                     Barony of the Steppes * Ansteorra
                    daytime: margolh at nortelnetworks.com

 Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
                           (Jacob Brownoski)