ANST - Emergency Prayer Request (Amanda hoax)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Mar 30 10:13:33 PST 1999

Ranzy D Rowe (lord-randolph-stewart at juno.com) said something that sounded like:
> AND YES THIS KIND OF STUFF MAKE MAD AS HECK BUT YOU
> PEOPLE THAT ASSUME THAT YOU KNOW MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE AS TO WHAT IS
> REAL AND WHAT IS A HOAX WELL, THAT JUST REALLY BURNS MY SHORTS !!!!!!!!

Excuse me, but first off you need you to calm down.

Second of all, just because we are willing to check to see if something
is a hoax or not doesn't meant that you should be jumping my case for
it. If you would like to read more about this, please take a look at:

http://www.snopes.com/spoons/faxlore/amanda.htm

Third of all, I don't particuarly like the tone of your message. Just
because I am unwilling to allow propogation of bogus information, it
doesn't mean that I am not doing what is right.

Please be rational with things like this. Part of what allows hoaxes and
chainletters to propogate so well is their ability to use base instincts
such as irrational fear, dedication to religion, or our desire to help
those who can't help themself against us.

In Service,
Ansteorran List Administrator