ANST - Medieval proverbs (was Needle hoax revisited)

Michael Tucker michaelt at mechatronics.com
Tue Mar 30 13:45:42 PST 1999

Greetings, all:

I am reminded of two ancient truths that are sometimes good to remember:
 o "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
 o "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

And a truth with a less ancient lineage (I learned it from my father):
 o "Everyone's a jerk* 5 minutes a day. The secret to getting along with others
   is, don't take your 5 minutes when someone else is taking theirs."

*(Ok, my dad didn't say 'jerk'.)

Michael
(Michael Silverhands, Baron of Stargate)