ANST - doin' the apathy wave?

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Thu Mar 4 22:12:48 PST 1999

Jerry Norris wrote:

> I know that you both were part of another group of people that had a
> planning meeting; who's cooking what?  Who'd bringing the big kettle?  How
> many will be there for what night,.  When do we start cooking.  Who's
> cleaning up?

Not exactly.  For us, François tells me how many he's cooking for; we tell
everyone how much they owe us; I do the planning; François does the cooking.  We
do share KP duty at the war, but all the pre-planning falls on us.  This was
fine when war was 3 days, but now it's a week we're looking at tweaking the
system.

> This will make my third Gulf Wars.  Right now there's still a pair of pants
> that needs sewing up a bit (Lord Malachi was kind enough to send his tailor

Fortunately this is the first year I'm doing a mad-dash sewing spree.

> I remember things, such as your husband showing off his "new" oven (and how
> impressed I was at _all_ that it could do!).

He's willing to teach anyone how to make one.  Just ask.  Imagine:  fresh baked
bread, hot gingerbread, brownies.....

I know we'll be fine once we get there...just got to get there.  :-)  Still have
sausage to brown, beef to roast, and 12-dozen Welsh cookies to cook.

--Perronnelle

--
Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning.