ANST - The Crown needs your help...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Mar 7 12:18:58 PST 1999

jhartel (jhartel at net-link.net) said something that sounded like:
> **Taking a DEEP breath and donning my flame retardent clothes, I now
> offer this as "food for thought."***

Don't know why it would be that bad.

First, let me state that I am not a representative of the SCA, Kingdom
nor Crown. Second, I may certainly have misheard what was going on since
it had been a long day, I was tired at the time and far away from the
announcement.

>  It is true that anyone who enters the party will have to control
> themselves but things do get out of hand as many of us have seen
> before.  Who is liable if something does go awry?  Would it be the
> individual person, the Crown/ Kingdom or the SCA since it was a
> "sponsored" gathering.

This is something that is the possibility at every event, if alcohol is
provided or not. We have the possibility of being sued because we held
the event and the activities that occured at it, planned/sponsored or
not.

This is a very serious reality in our world. This is something that
every person who contemplates being Crown, Seneschal (Kingdom or Local),
or Territorial Nobility should realize.

Btw, I will be the Seneschal of Bryn Gwlad starting April 1st. I
personally am a brewer who donates his work as prizes or taverns. I am
very aware of the ability of me being sued for either of these things.

Ciao,