ANST - query on Japanese armor patterns

Mark&Sue uriel at intx.net
Mon Mar 8 05:29:01 PST 1999

Thanks for responding. I've scrutinized over and over again the pictures I have
of Japanese armor, to no avail. I've cut out small 1.5 x .5 inch squares, cut
off the corners, and hole punched them -- then just played around with them with
lacing -- still doesn't come out right. Do your have a pattern? Are you using
hardened leather? Just how thick is your lacing?

Lol -- guess I have about a million questions. I'm totally in love with Japanese
armor, it's strength, its simplicity and in the lacing itself. Please let me
know what you can about this. If you have any files that describe the making of
the "tiles" (sorry, don't know the correct words) and the manner of their
lacing, please email it to me. Thanks so much for your time.

Boarheart