ANST - Latin Pronunciation In Period & the SCA

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Sun Mar 7 09:01:56 PST 1999

> As far as all this goes, Anno Societatis should actually be pronounced
> (in medieval Latin) ah-no so-chee-ay-tah-tees, which pronunciation I
> have never heard (and probably will never hear) from a herald.

Beg to differ. SOME heralds make an effort.

Some also prefer classical, and others know primarily
what they learned from choral studies (dough-nah pah-chem).

Amazing how deeply passions can run over pronunciations
of a "dead" language...

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com