ANST - Louisiana Speeding Ticket

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Tue Mar 9 05:29:27 PST 1999

As a one-time resident of that state, I can tell you that the records will stay in their system FOREVER!!  If your friend is ever stopped in La. in the future, that untended ticket will re-surface and they will throw him under the jail!  Elfsea is not too far from La. so it is conceivable that he might find himself there again... I'd think it not worth the fear and nervousness.

Herr Manfred von Wolf
mka
Joe

>>> Margo Lynn Hablutzel <Hablutzel at compuserve.com> 03/09/99 07:01AM >>>
A friend who just moved to Elfsea from Trimaris got a speeding ticket in
Louisiana and is quite annoyed.  So annoyed he didn't bother to read it
until this weekend and discovered that he was supposed to call an 800# to
get more information.  So he called me, and I pointed out that I have never
gotten a speeding ticket in Louisiana, but that he should call the number
immediately and get as much information as possible.  His theory is that
since he is moving anyway they cannot track him down as the address on his
license -- and in fact the license itself -- are becoming obsolete.

Anyone have some better information that I can provide to him?  Besides,
"you idiot, you should have been more alert and watched for speed traps"?

                                        ---= Morgan

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
           |/     Morgan Cain * Hablutzel at compuserve.com
                     Barony of the Steppes * Ansteorra
                    daytime: margolh at nortelnetworks.com

     A room without books is like a body without a soul.  Cicero