ANST - Louisiana Speeding Ticket

Jane Sitton-Logan myrnarae at nts-online.net
Tue Mar 9 06:39:21 PST 1999

Like it or not speeding tickets are more a source of revenue than a way
to insure the public's safety. The problem with any of these states
particularly Louisiana is the great lengths and depths to which they
will go in order to secure an income. Louisiana has recently passed some
of the most corrupting confiscation laws of any state in the Union. If
any of us is stopped in Louisiana for any pretense whatsoever any moneys
in our possesion can be confiscated. If you are stopped and have no
proof of insurance your car can be confiscated. It is only a matter of
time until states will routinely extradite people and property for the
sake of their income.
	We all need to be mindful of the hazards involved in traveling through
this state. Other states will soon find Louisiana's example too tempting
not to follow in kind. Keep a sharp eye on the legislature and let your
representatives know how you feel about the corrupting influence of laws
like this one. Some of the greatest legal horror stories of our time are
coming from this state.
	Be careful out there.

Laird Seamus Donnacadh Loganaich an gabhain
Or Logan the smith for those with nae gaeghlig.