ANST - (Sigh)

Thu Mar 11 13:40:00 PST 1999

Es war einmahl, I spent the absolute worst nine months of my life in
Wiggins, MS, which is about 30 miles south of Hattiesburg.  When I worked,
it was 13 hours a day six days a week for $1 an hour (half the then minimum
wage).  Being unemployed was worse, absolute ennui and miserable weather (I
was fortunate enough to have food and shelter provided, so I didn't starve).

Once I got clear of the place, I swore off Mississippi for life.  It's been
almost 30 years and I haven't set foot in the state since, even though I'm
part owner of some property there.  In keeping with this decision, I do not
attend Gulf Wars, much to the dismay of some friends who want me there.

Bear