ANST - war rain

Catherine de Calais ladyhauke at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 23:47:49 PST 1999

We got there early Friday morning 7ish, set up in the rain, that
apparently started early in the morning.  By 11am Lord Khalil and Lord
Dominic from Bjornsborg had dug a moat around our tent to keep the
waters flowing, as it were.  By 1pm the rain had increased, all fighting
had been called off, the temp was beginning to drop from the first front
that came thru and the mass exodus began.  We broke camp in the
increasing rain, and headed out from the sucking mud hole that no become
what once was GW VIII.  It took us about an hour to leave site because
of the others who had decided to do so.  Chieftess Mari informed me that
plenty  of people had stayed , but the weather became increasingly
unstable.  As for us, well, even though we had driven 10 hours to get
there, we gave in to the cold and rain combination and did the hot meal
and motel thing in New Orleans.
So, although the trip was a bust of sorts, I was very glad to see many
Bjornsborgers out there, and the sight of our illustrious Chieftess Mari
all armoured up was worth the trip to Meridies and to WAR!

Lady Catherine de Calais