ANST - combat archery logistics

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Mon Mar 15 17:24:42 PST 1999

Greetings good  Lord Stefan li Rous,

I'm very glad you brought up the subject of archery logistic.  Battle field
resupply is the purpose of those big yellow boxes of arrows.  Depending on
the number of battles to fight, I devide the arrows up so we are garranteed
of fresh and un damaged arrows in addition to those that make it through the
previous fight.  It basically equates out to a combat resupply rate, as
Uncle Sam's Army calls it.

The big yellow boxes serves as ATPs ammunition transfer point in the real
world or Arrow Transfer Point for our purposes.

Currently, well in GW 7, the archers (some any way) would go back to the box
and get more when they ran out.  In the last fort battle we were sending
arrows to the box straight from the factory as they got finished or
repaired.  Must have done about 100 that way.

The non combatant thing would be great if we could get folks to do it.  I
always thought that if they were going to be on the field with arrows in
their hand, might as well give them a bow and let them shoot too.  May be we
can do both.

Gilli
Instructor III Corps Battle Simulation Center Ft. Hood Tx.