ANST - a question and a request about posting to the lists

Jane Sitton-Logan/James D. Logan myrnarae at nts-online.net
Wed Mar 17 09:39:28 PST 1999

Greetings from Madeleine de Lyndesaye, in rural Olney, 40 mi south of
Brad Leah, but soon to be back in my home barony of Elfsea!

While clearing out the email box today, and noticing the duplication
that occurs because I am subscribed to three lists (Ansteorra, Elfsea,
and the Northern Region), I began wondering about these
cross-postings...

Do you, gentle readers, know of anyone who reads a specific region but
doesn't read Ansteorra?

What I'm getting at is do you think it is sufficient to post an
announcement to the Ansteorran mailing list alone, or is it neccessary
to post it to every single one available?

I realize there are certain things that maybe very important, and you
wish to contact as many people as possible.  But I would think that the
regional lists and barony or shire lists should be used for narrowing
the field to hit a target audience, rather than the general populace,
while the Ansteorran list should be for messages which could apply to
most, if not all of the populace.

Well, before I get accused of wasting bandwidth, I'll sign off now.

Amicalement,

Madeleine de Lyndesaye
mka Jane Sitton-Logan