ANST - Re: Virus Warnings

Sean Bartholome okami69 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 07:35:24 PST 1999

I used to work for Mcafee.  A virus can be contained in an attachment.
You will not open your system to infection as long as you do not open or
run the attachment.  If you receive email with attachments from people
you don't know, or places you don't know.  DON'T OPEN IT.  JUST DELETE
THE EMAIL.    The email text itself can't not carry virus code.  The
only file to be worried about are executable files (.exe,.com,.bat,
etc...) or Word documents (.dot,.doc,.xls, etc...) which contain
macro-viruses.  There are virus protection programs (Mcafee,Norton,etc)
that will detect and protect you if you 'accidentily' open the
attachment, by why even risk it.

Yours in Service,

Sabishii Okami