ANST - Bows and arrows

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Tue Mar 23 15:43:22 PST 1999

In Ansteorra their are primarily two heads used, the modified markland and
the Baldar Blunt. The modified markland was used on wood shafts and the
baldar blunt being used on wood and fiberglass. There are also two other
manufactured heads, thistle missles and morak blunts (with morak blunts not
yet leagle in Ansteorra). If you are going to use wood shafts I would
recommend modified marklands. If using fiberglass shafts use Baldar Blunts
or when they are leaglizes a built up head with UHMW. Fiberglass shafted
arrows appear to get called better but that may be just my perspective.
Fiberglass shafted arrows are far less likely to be broken. As for buying
arrows that can be a bit of a trick. Find out if some one close to you makes
their own arrows and talk to them about making you some combat arrows,
Baldar Blunts are easer to make into arrows just buy and asssemble parts.
The advice here about bows was as good as I can think of.

>Excuse me. But I've heard there are different kinds of arrows used in
>combat. Can anyone tell me how many kinds there are, their use, and more
>importantly, where do I buy them? I'm thinking of becoming an archer and
>I need to know what I can use and where. Also, what kind of bows can I
>use?
>
>Shawn
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra; play
nice, have fun