ANST - List Mistressing...

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Tue Mar 30 14:57:56 PST 1999

Greetings from Baroness Neassa,

keyna wrote:
> I have list mistressed several times and I feel that there needs to be some
> sort of form (universal) for the different combinations.

There are at least two wonderful publications in the Kingdom with this
information. One is by Mistress Adelicia Gilwell and the other is by
Lady Joy Signorelli. I currently can't find my copies, but both of these
ladies have put together informative, easy to follow descriptions of
tournaments for list masters/mistresses, with everything you need to
know to set up and keep track of the tournament.

I also forwarded a copy of the original request to Viscountess Catherine
who lives here in Stargate. She was the Principality Minister of the
Lists when she lived in Drachenvald, and she also has a lot of very
useful information.

In answer to Stefan's message about how to get started as a list master,
I recommend finding out who is in charge of the next tournement you are
going to be attending and offering to help. If the tournament is going
to be complex, such as Squire's and Cadet's Invitational, or be
emotionally charged and extremely important, such as Crown Tournament,
then you may not get to help. These tournaments require experienced
people to keep them going. But if it is just a regular tournament, like
we have nearly every other weekend in this Kingdom, then you will
probably be invited to watch, help, and learn.

If you don't feel like you can approach someone in this manner, then
organize a "tiny tourney" at your next fighter practice. This gives the
new fighters practice in being in a list, and it is a great place to let
the list mistresses practice as well. Set up a double elim, or a swiss
five, or whatever you want and have fun. You can even bring a pair of
candles or an inkle belt to present to the winner.

I hope this helps.

Love,
Neassa