ANST - turn-over rate .... was: SCA - 35 year ???

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Mon May 3 08:18:55 PDT 1999

> Michael wrote ..

> 2) I am told that the half-life of our membership is about 3 years. That is,
> every 3 years we have "turned over" about half of our active members. (If
> you've been turned over more than once, are you done on both sides? hmmm...)

... dunno, hand me a fork

> Celebrating every 5 years greatly increases the opportunity for those who
> don't stay for "the long haul" to see at least 1 "gathering of the clans"
> during their

instead of making plans based on and in acceptance of these "turn-over's" as a
given thing, it should be much more important to seek out the base causes of
this "turn-over" and address them.

you can't build a strong house on a  weak foundation, and this turn-over rate
shows that something is decidily wrong under the house.

'wolf
... who also believes that 5 year celebrations dilute the importance of the
event

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves