ANST - SCA - 35 year ???

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon May 3 06:57:10 PDT 1999

> Should the SCA plan to have a 35 year celebration or should the SCA only
> hold one every 10 years with 25 and 75 being special cases.
>
> Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald , OP

I would vote for every five years. TFYC was my first big "war" event
in the SCA and I greatly enjoyed it. I have since then managed to make
it to four Pennsics and an Estrella War.

The main reason I did not make it to the Thirty Year Celebration was
that these anniversaries also correspond to the big ones for Pennsic.
3YC was the same year as Pennsic XXV and I only have so much vacation
time in a year and Pennsic won. Perhaps 3YC would have been my choice
if it had been closer. If it would be possible to slide these SCA-wide
celebrations one or two years so they didn't coincide with the
Pennsic ones it might increase the attendance at them.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra
043792