ANST - Announcement or Spam?

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Tue May 4 06:21:37 PDT 1999

"j'lynn yeates asks:

>question ... is a blatant commercial advertisement a legitimate use of a newly
>formed channel dedicated to kingdom level announcements ???

I think it is... this was an announcement informing us that a new source exists for
an item that is sometimes difficult to obtain. I thank them for providing this service
and for alerting us to its availability. I wonder if you would have had a problem
with this individual if they were promoting leather or rattan or rapier blades?

As to your claim that a blatant commercial ad is not appropriate to the channel, I wouldn't expect
this person to move any resources for free!  Is an event announcement listing the
costs for site and feast commercial?

>it's really not that difficult ... show some restraint and try to understand
>the focus of the system channels as they are setup *before* you post... {SNIP!}

"Physician heal thyself..."

Herr Manfred von Wolf, Sentinal Pursuivant
Barony of the Stargate