ANST - commercial spam ... was: ANST-Announce - Amber Merchant At Beltain.

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Mon May 3 19:37:57 PDT 1999

> I am Mhairi MacKay. Some of you may already know me as I often merchant in
> Northern Ansteorra. I have spoken to several people about the lack of good
> amber available in the midwest and have mentioned that I would be carrying
> amber as soon as I could locate a good source. That has been done and I am
> pleased to announce that the amber is in and it is beautiful! And my
> wholesaler, who is in Lithuania, assures me that there is NO shortage of
> amber, only a lot of greedy retailers who want to keep the prices jacked up.
> I will be at the BELTAINE in OKC this weekend. And as always, I will also
> have sterling silver(lots of large size rings!!), gemstone jewelry, and
> books. I hope to see all there!

question ... is a blatant commercial advertisement a legitimate use of a newly
formed channel dedicated to kingdom level announcements ???

to this one, such would be semi-acceptable to the extant, general channels,
definitely not on the new channel.  it's a pity that some seek to immediatly co-
op this new informatiuon source for their own commercial profit ... spam by any
other name.

PEOPLE ... PLEASE ... understand ... TOPICALITY !!!!!

it's really not that difficult ... show some restraint and try to understand
the focus of the system channels as they are setup *before* you post, and then
post where it is appropriate .... if you have questions, ask the moderator
*before*.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves