ANST - commercial spam ...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue May 4 06:36:33 PDT 1999

j'lynn yeates (jyeates at realtime.net) said something that sounded like:
> question ... is a blatant commercial advertisement a legitimate use of a newly
> formed channel dedicated to kingdom level announcements ???

Considering I am the individual that approved the announcement, I felt
it was. I do not admit that it was an easy decision though.

The SCA lists that are ran on the Ansteorra.ORG domain by default allow
SCA oriented advertisements from vendors/merchants. I do not know of
any list that has changed their attitude toward this particular issue.

The primary reason for the Announcement list is not to be official
communications only, it is to reduce announcement based cross-posting
to all of the regional mailing lists. Until the Corporation or the
Crown/Seneschal decide to setup an "official" communication moderated
list, this will continue to be the primary purpose of this list.

In Service,