ANST - Squire, student, cadet, fighter

Jerry Dreifuerst morganson at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 08:12:57 PDT 1999

Greetings Ansteorra,
Othar here.

My friend Herr Manfred Wolf posted regarding "Squire's":
>Completing the information Sir Alexis la Bouche provided -
>Overall Squire - Centurion Ulstead the Unsteady
>Overall Cadet  - Lady Isabel Grace Hadley

Please let it be known that Squire's and Cadet's Invitational is not
'invitation' only.  Anyone can come and compete for title as champion of the
rapier or chivalric fields.  And even though Ulsted and Isabel are squire
and cadet, it is not necessary to be a 'squire' or a 'cadet' to enter; any
student of these styles of fighting may compete.  This past event, a fighter
came up and said "I'm not a squire."  He wouldn't have competed had he not
been informed that anyone can fight, dance, herald, perform, game, and run
the obstacle course.  And just because you are a Knight or a Don doesn't
mean you can't enter either.  Being a Knight may preclude competing for the
chivalric fighting, but it doesn't mean you know how to wield a rapier!

Now it the time to begin planning to show Ansteorra how good you are at next
years Squire's and Cadet's.  Start planning your A&S works, practice your
fighting, learn how to dance, read a book on heraldry.  Every year in
preparation for this event, I 'cram for the exam' and learn so much more
about the Middle Ages we strive to recreate.  Let's  study year round and
improve ourselves and our Society before it's required for an event.

Yours in the Dream,

Othar Morganson  Stargate, Ansteorra  morganson at hotmail.com
                         or
Jerry Dreifuerst  Houston, Texas  jerryd at neosoft.com