ANST - Storms... we're ok

Jennene Stanley tstanley at ou.edu
Wed May 5 13:10:59 PDT 1999

Greetings from "Tornado Alley"

Just wanted to drop you all a line to let you know my family and I are OK. The tornadoes went about 5 miles north of our house. My place of employment although not damaged is closed.  I was in Atlanta at a conference at the time and needless to say was quite worried. CNN switched over to the OKC affiliates so it was quite bizarre to see "Oklahoma" TV there. The flight in was quite sobering because we would see the damage from the air. It looked like a giant foot had stomped on parts of the city.

My husband, Brad (who is a meteorologist and works for the Oklahoma Climate Survey) was chasing the storm and caught some interesting pictures of the tornadoes. Getting around can be difficult  (it took over an hour to drive home from the airport- usually takes 20 minutes there is only one road open south between Oklahoma City and Norman) Calling out long distance had been an adventure!

BTW Mistress Alix Terberga is fine (her house was quite near the path of the storm). I am worried about Lord Duncan who lives on Moore. Has anyone heard from him??

HLy Anya Gordon Lamont
Jennene R. Stanley
"Mooharpist"   e-mail at tstanley at ou.edu