ANST - SCA - 35 year ???

Christina magdlena at texas.net
Wed May 5 13:14:17 PDT 1999

Hill, Jeffrey A (Jeff) wrote:

> Why does Wolf have any right to say so?

Why does Wolf not?

You assume that you do.

> I played in Bryn Gwlad for six
> years, and never once have a I met this individual.

I've met him at our events.  I like him.

Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean he wasn't there.  I miss
people that I _do_ know on a regular basis.  ;>

> Just being a paid
> member does not make one a contributing member of that group.

    That's not correct.  Being a paid member boosts our numbers and allows
groups to grow from incipient to shire to barony, and keeps our groups at their
current levels.  There are groups in the barony who have trouble making their
numbers.  Bryn Gwlad isn't one of them, and Wolf is the one of the reasons why.
That alone is a needed contribution.    In addition, there is a long-standing
SCA tradition of people who play kingdom level only being claimed by the groups
that they live in.  Last I heard, both Master Avatar and Cedric the Fiddler
lived here, but I wouldn't know for a fact because they don't normally go to
fighters, business meetings, or the guilds that I attend.  I'm not going to
disown them for that, nor am I reluctant to hear their opinions as a result.

> When I see
> him helping out at an event, and contributing, then I will take his opinions
> on this matter more seriously.

I do advise meeting him, so that you'll know what he looks like....

-Magdalena