ANST - Toys for Tornado Area Kids

Franchesca Havas ches at io.com
Fri May 7 08:32:33 PDT 1999

Slightly off topic...

There is a local radio station here in the DFW area that is set up at a
church in Garland taking donations. They are requesting that as many small
hand size toys, specifically beenie babies size, be donated as the
children's families still do not have a home to stay in. They need luggage
as they have nothing but trash bags to put the things we are sending them
in, they do not even have  beds or comforters or sheets. They are turning
away used clothing as they have so much of it they are stock piling it. They
need work boots, work gloves, metal rakes, shovels, wheel barrows, new
underwear for all ages, new socks. I would also suggest any tents that you
all may have that are no longer of use to you. Please surf the web for your
local TV/radio stations as there are many that are doing this type of thing.
This one is running today until 6pm. http://www.krld.com/ . Above all, they
need organized work crews to help with the clean up, many churches are
sending in crews this weekend to various parts of Oklahoma.

Sincerely,
F. Havas
Dallas, Texas