ANST - A&S - does utility count?

Fopdejour1 at aol.com Fopdejour1 at aol.com
Sun May 9 13:13:59 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/9/99 3:34:52 PM !!!First Boot!!!, blaan at flash.net writes:

<< The long and the short of the above message is that categories are fine,
but
 we also need some type of standardized judging form, used kingdom wide,
placed
 in the possession of the A&S ministers of each group (or seneschal if the
canton
 has a KM instead of an A&S), made PUBLIC to the future entrants so they know
by
 what criteria they are judged, and commentary screened first by the
coordinator
 of the competition to eliminate comments which are of a personally
denigrating
 nature.

     It would be up to the Laurels to do this, I suppose, since A&S is their
 bailiwick.  I have heard noises in the past that this sort of thing was
going to
 be done.  But I take it from the comments in this thread that it either
hasn't
 been done or is not done on a kingdom wide basis.  I'm sure I will be
corrected
 if I am wrong.  :) >>

Ummm......Anne, this was done about a year ago, by....guess who, the Laurels.
 We have been using these judging sheets for quite a while.  Ironicly, these
are much like what you described in your post.  The interesting thing is that
these judging sheets were distributed to regional A&S ministers to
disseminate to their locals.  I happen to live in the same region as you do,
and I know Corrinne has done that already.  I suspect that if the judging
sheets are not being used at your local A&S competitions, you need to address
your concern to your local A&S minister.

Ld. Charles de Bourbon
Apprentice to Mistress Charla