ANST - Bare Table A & S

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Mon May 10 15:10:23 PDT 1999

Paul Mitchell wrote:

> I wasn't going to post in this thread, but...
>
> If it were up to me (which thank my Savior it never
> will be), I would do away with the table, as well, and
> judge the item _in use_.  I'm pretty sure that our
> medieval forebears did nothing like our A&S competitions.

Lessee...I could build a small chapel and see if the presence of a particular
stained glass window inspires the appropriate level of Awe, and feeling of the
presence of God, in those who enter the room.  I could have a sprayer behind it
to test it's ability to keep out the elements.

We could judge Jovian's Icons in the same fashion as the window, sans the water
supply (probably not good for egg tempera)

On-body seam checking could actually be quite fun.  Can the Judges suggest their
own models?

Sir Henri's winning curry comb could be tested for thoroughness of ability to
remove dust/grime following an emprise (at last...a functional rather than
decorative item!).

Embroidered pillow cushions?  I suppose that we could test them out for comfort
and ability to inhibit squirming during long courts (noting, of course, that Our
Glorious Majesties NEVER have courts that seem the least bit long  ;)  ).

Isobel (who promises that this is her last post for the day)