ANST - Bare Table A & S

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon May 10 10:25:09 PDT 1999

Centurion Romanius commented:
>         From past experience in another Kingdom, I have noticed that a more "equal" judging is done
>on a blind basis.  In Meridies (before I left, I don't know how it is done
now) they asked those
>entering an A&S piece to not put their name on the piece or the
documentation.  Each person was
>assigned a number.  Items were displayed (some had "fru-fru" some did not)
and were blind judged.  I
>felt this gave each piece a better chance of being judged fairly rather than
judging who made the
>piece and that persons experience.  Not to mention that the "fru-fru" entries
were not as extravagant >as most I have seen here.

Unfortunately, as an individual looking at a display, I might be interested in
asking the
artist some questions about their work or want to find out if I can get a copy
of their
documentation etc. The visible name makes this possible. Perhaps the decoder
sheet for
these numbers could be made available to the non-judges or to the judges
later. With
the permission of the entrant, such a sheet would also be a wonderful way to make
their address or email address available for later questions. There have been
a number
of displays that I would like to have had time to read the documentation in
detail but
didn't have time at the event. If the artists' name and/or contact info was available
this would make it easier for me to contact them later.

Or perhaps the name and contact info could be put on the back of a 3x5 card and
during the judging the card would be kept face down. I think we can trust our judges
not to peek. :-)

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net