ANST - Re: ANST-Announce - Feedback wanted...

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Mon May 10 20:25:24 PDT 1999

Pug wrote:

>Good Morning one and all,
>
>  I am searching for feedback regarding an issue with the Announcement
>  list. This is a grey area in my mind, so I want other people's input.
>
>  With regard to event announcements, what should the policy be for
>  all regions to be posted to?
>
>  My general stance on the issue is:
>
>  1) If it is information regarding a Kingdom event, or group perpetual
>     event, then it is approved for the announcement list. These are the
>     large events that draw people from all regions in the Kingdom.
>
>  2) If it is a smaller event by a Barony, Shire, Canton, etc, that I
>     only approve it if there is something "special" involved that might
>     cause a larger out-of-region draw. (ie. Peerage elevation)
>
>  If it does not meet one of these two criteria, then I only send it to
>  the Kingdom list and the appropriate regional list. I am having
>  difficulty drawing the line on "special".
>
>  Please send responses to me privately or to the main Ansteorran list
>  for discussion. I will make a decission and post the criteria a week
>  from today.
>
>  I thank you for your assistance in this matter.
>
>In Service,

To which Gilli responds:

I'm afraid that I'm at least partically to blame for this dilemma.  I sent a
post to the Announce list about an upcoming A & S competition at
Middleford's Warchieftain / Cavalier of the Bridge in October.  Since it
went out on only the Ansteorran and Southern lists, I sent it on to the
others.

IMHO, event announcement or portions there of should go out to every one if
put on the Announce list.  While there may not be many in the Northern
region who would like to know about, there probably are a few.  If the title
A & S Competition in Middleford doesn't trip their trigger, it's easily
deleted.

While I agree that SPAM should be kept in the can, I don't think SCA type
messeges should be filtered on the Announce list.  Announcements only, no
decussions.

Gilli