ANST - A&S Master piece

Wed May 12 07:14:05 PDT 1999

> << The closest thing to an A&S competition would probably be the
> presentation
>  of work to the guild masters for elevation in the guild.   >>
>
> 	Wouldn't it be great to be able to do that with the Laurel's circle?
>

> 	What if it were possible to apply to the circle directly and say "I
> feel I am ready to present my master piece in the following field, when
> and
> where do you want to see it [or them if a body of work is more
> appropriate)"?
>
> HL Oriana Corbizzi

Assembling the Laurels with extensive knowledge may be difficult at best.
For example, I bake.  I know of only two Laurels who have a mastery of
baking, Wulfric of Creigull (West Coast) and Charles of the Park
(Australia).  You can certainly find other Laurels who bake, but are they
conversant with the medieval technology, the history, the period legal
requirements, the raw materials, and the recipes that a medieval baker would
be required to know.

Then there is the problem of scheduling the examination when the applicants
can attend.

While I like the idea and it might make good theater for an SCA event, I
don't think it is practical in general use.

Bear