ANST - Alexandrian Symposium Still Looking for a Site

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri May 14 08:24:43 PDT 1999

The Alexandrian Company is planning a symposium, with this year's topic
being "Religion in the Middle Ages."

Our first site had "technical difficulties" and we are now looking for a
new site.

The deal is this: the local group gets all the money, and arranges all the
physical site details and any post-revel/feast/sideboard etc. they wish.
The Alexandrian Company arranges all the teachers, classes, and publicity.
Classes are conducted in mundanes, and the after-class activities are
usually in full costume.

We need space for around 100 people, and 4 classrooms that will hold up to
25 each, plus a zone somewhere to sit and socialize away from the
classrooms. A school or even a church would be ideal.

We would like to hold the symposium prior to October and the start of the
fall tourney season, but if we cannot find a site for the summer, we're
also open to considering fall dates as well up through Thanksgiving.

I know that many folks have to run these ideas by your local group populace
meeting or officer's meeting before you commit, but if you think you will
probably do it, or even if you think you might be interested, please
contact me and give me the details you have thus far.

We'd hate to have to put off the symposium until next year, so let us know
as soon as possible!

Many thanks!

Mistress Gunnora Hallakarva
on behalf of The Alexandrian Company