Fwd: ANST - NY Times: Women: Shadow Story of the Millennium

Tue May 18 10:06:31 PDT 1999

I think you will find that is Matilda (also called Maud).  Granddaughter of
William I.  Daughter of Henry I.  She fought an extended civil war with her
cousin Stephen over the succession.  Her son took the throne as Henry II
after Stephan's death and founded the Plantagenet line of rulers.

Bear