ANST - Standing in the frying pan

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Tue May 18 15:31:09 PDT 1999

Just wish to thank ALL the people who responeded to my post PRIVATELY, but
due to time restriant must address a couple of other issues sent to me.

1.  Yes- I am an old fart and no- I am happily married so my ability to get
it on a regular basis is not an issue.
2.  No- I never have judge an A&S event although once as landed Baron, I was
asked to judge a beer compitition- They all won in my opinion.
3.  I have been in the SCA for about 15 years- I am not a newbie looking to
stir the pot up.
4.  I do not have a personal vendetta against the A&S community nor the
Laurels.
5. Yes- I have won a couple of A&S compitions one for leather work, one for
stained glass.  I am not frustrated because I am  not a Laurel.  Thankful is
more the word.
6. The example I can give is one at Squires when it was a brand new event.  A
leather breast plate (Roman style) and a set of leather armor completley
decorated were the two leather entries( neither entry was mine).  The breast
plate was hardened and formed and suitable to be worn on the field, although
not decorated, the skill and technology was obvious to all.  The decorated
armor was too thin to be legal on the field but painted- not engraved or
anything- just painted. It was a nice job of painting- almost like it was
silk screened on.  Guess which entry won.  Yup - the paint job.
7.  To the person from the Laurel list who didn't leave a name- stick it in
your ear-this is cleaned up because I don't use that kind of lanquage.

Baron Bors