ANST - A clarification (was Rant)

Scot Eddy seddy at vvm.com
Wed May 19 05:25:10 PDT 1999

I understand what you are saying. The imporatnce of a society "buying
into" a set of common myths, legends, and beliefs is important not only
to teach lessons, but to develop a unified culture. The problem is that
with all of our many nationalities which legends do we use, if any.

You posted this choice...

>Putting into an example, which would you rather have: a gang banger who
>knows that the first crusades was a rapascious invasion using religion >to claim land and booty and has no role models, thus no problem blowing >one of our officers away.

>or a 15 year old kid who was raised on stories of knights of old and >took the chivalric code to heart and chose to live with honor rather >than lead a life of crime.

and in all seriousness I would choose "C" a youth who understands the
causes and effect of the First Crusade and it's results and fallout and
chooses to lead his life rightly and become a good role model for his
children and others around him. Someone who understands the myths and
legends as _inspirational_ fiction.

Grace and Peace,

Jovian